Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Reflection on John 17

Reflection on John 17

Jesus shows us a BETTER way to pray.

Sometimes we focus only on praying for ourselves and neglect to pray for others. 
We neglect to pray for fellow brothers and sisters in Jesus to be protected from evil.
We neglect to pray for people who are not in relationship with Jesus to be protected from evil.

Jesus lovingly prays to God to protect us and keep us safe by the power of his name.

Jesus lovingly asks God to keep us safe from the Evil One.

Jesus lovingly prays that God will dedicate us to himself.

13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 
14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 
15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 
17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 
18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

(John 17:13-18)

May we always pray for God to sanctify us through the work of Jesus and the Holy Spirit in our lives.

May our lives be lived solely to KNOW God and be in deep and open communion with Jesus.

May we be dedicated to God by means of truth.

May we be dedicated to God by being dedicated to listening to his word which is truth.

May we be united in our fellowship with each other and our worship of God so that we are united as Jesus and God are united.

May we be complete and find complete contentment, satisfaction and our true selves ONLY when we find complete-ness in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment