Thursday, September 19, 2013

Reflection on John 6

Reflection on John 6

Jesus is the BETTER Bread.
Jesus is the only one who can sustain the whole world physically and spiritually.
Jesus is the only one who gives life to everyone and everything in the universe.
Jesus is the TRUE BREAD.

32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

(John 6:32-33)

Jesus is the ONLY Bread of life.
Jesus is the only one who can sustain us eternally. 
Jesus is the only one who quenches our eternal hunger and thirst.
Jesus is the only one who rescues everyone who looks to him and believes in him as the Saviour sent by God.

Jesus is the only one who will resurrect and give eternal life to everyone who believes in him.

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

May we feed on the bread that Jesus gives us daily. 
Jesus' own life, his own body and blood is what gives us life
May we find all our sustenance and strength from Jesus and trust him to sustain us forever.
May we see that all the "bread" the world has to offer will never satisfy our hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment